Reports to: General Manager/Director of Operations
Location: West Herr Dealership
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Sales Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in planning, organizing and controlling
the activities of the Sales/Finance Department and measuring the performance of the employees in the departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends
new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services
• Hire, train, motivate, counsel and monitor the performance of the Sales, Finance and Support staff.
• Assist Sales and Finance personnel in their negotiations and interactions with customers.
• Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with all state, federal and local regulations pertaining to the automotive
• Participates in dealership staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as necessary.
• Assist the dealership in developing and implementing advertising campaigns and other promotion strategies.
• Guide Sales Consultants in setting their objectives on a short and long-range basis.
• Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with all Company policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Assists the General Manager in developing and achieving all dealership goals and objectives relating to its operation.
• Maintain a well-balanced vehicle inventory that features vehicles that customers want.
• Appraise all incoming used vehicles, ensuring that they will be beneficial to the dealership.
• Plan and control the display of the used vehicle inventory.
• Adheres to West Herr’s Core Values; Empathy, Integrity and Team Work.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of dealership sales principles and best practices, effective oral
and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• Prior experience at a dealership in a sales role (minimum of 2 years)
• Prior experience at a dealership in a finance role (minimum of 1 year)
• Any similar combination of education and experience.
For information on the physical demands of this job see Human Resources.