Reports to: Service Manager
Location: West Herr Dealership
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: This position is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with any/all dealership, manufacturer and Company policies, procedures and generally accepted standards.
• Diagnose the root cause of any malfunction and perform repair to correct the issue. This may include road-testing vehicles to aid in the diagnoses.
• Maintain clear and open communication with surrounding departments, including Parts and Sales.
• Thoroughly examine all vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is necessary.
• Advise Service Advisor immediately if any additional work is needed or if anything with a repair order changes.
• Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins and attend appropriate training courses.
• Ensure the use of proper safety equipment at all times.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Involve a Manager immediately in any situation that escalates negatively.
• Adhere to West Herr’s Core Values; Empathy, Integrity and Team Work.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Highly developed technical skills, including an analytical thought process. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to remain organized in a dynamic environment, positive attitude. Be a team player; with the dealership and the Group as a whole. A valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience as a technician in a fast-paced service center.
- ASE certification(s)
- Knowledge of general PC functions.
- Prior experience working for a dealership in a similar or related role.
- Degree and/or Certificate in automotive science or similar
- Knowledge of automotive industry.
For information on the physical demands of this job see Human Resources.