Reports to: Sales/General Manager
Location: West Herr Dealership
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
This position processes all vehicle transactions and prepares legal documentation relating to such transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Develop deal folders with all pertinent documents for each transaction.
- Prepare all Sales and Finance department documents, including Bill of Sale/Buyer’s Order, Titles, Invoices, Finance Contracts, etc.
- Submit all legal transfer documents to the DMV.
- Process payoff checks for new vehicles and trade-ins.
- Act as the expert for all DMV, contract, and other related inquiries by other dealership staff.
- Always remain professional and polite with callers and customers (internal and external), no matter the situation.
- Break-down deals as per the dealership’s schedule to ensure they reach the Corporate Office on-time.
- Adhere to West Herr’s Core Values; Empathy, Integrity and Team Work.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to remain organized in a dynamic environment, positive attitude. Be a team player; with the dealership and the Group as a whole. Knowledge of current legislation relating to lending institutions, DMV transfers, and other applicable federal, state and local laws. If required to drive on Company business, a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in a clerical or customer service role.
- Knowledge of general PC functions.
- Prior experience working for a dealership in a similar or related role.
- Working knowledge of ADP DMS or other similar software.
- Knowledge of automotive industry.
For information on the physical demands of this job see Human Resources.